Language Specialist (Finnish) - Remote Work
TELUS International AI Inc.
TELUS International AI-Data Solutions partners with a diverse and vibrant community to help our customers enhance their AI and machine learning models. The work of our AI Community contributes to improving technology and the digital experiences of many people around the world. Our AI Community works in our proprietary AI training platform handling all data types (text, images, audio, video and geo) across 500+ languages and dialects. We offer work-from-home opportunities for people with passion for languages. The jobs are part-time, and there is no fixed schedule. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, come join our global AI community. www.telusinternational.com
LANGUAGE SPECIALIST (Finnish)
TELUS International is looking for language specialists for a content annotation project.
As our language specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Review and categorization of a list of words according to specific guidelines for sensitive content areas (list is text-only; no video/audio/images)*
• Evaluating existing list of terms and conducting research to identify and fill gaps in coverage for sensitive content areas (existing list is text-only; however, research may involve incidental exposure to sources containing both text and image/video/audio)*
NOTE: This project deals with highly sensitive and potentially offensive content related to violence, explicit sexual content, abuse and child endangerment; TELUS International has a Wellness program in place for contributors engaged in this project.
Estimated start date: Immediately, this is an ongoing project
Estimated workload: 10-20 hours per week
Project duration: 4-8 weeks, with possibility of extension.
• 20 USD per hour
• Payments are made upon completion of the project through Hyperwallet via TELUS International AI Community Portal.
Assessment: A project-specific consent and training will be administered as part of the screening for this project after you have passed our initial assessment.
Application: complete the application by clicking "Apply' button and completing the process, our team will contact you for next steps if you pass our initial assessment.
If you have any questions or would like more details about this project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include the code “Language Specialist_2023” in the body of the mail or the subject line.
• Native or near-native speaker of Finnish language
• Over 18 years old.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major in a language-related discipline, such as linguistics, computational linguistics, language teaching, translation, or technical writing, etc.
• Professional proofreading, translation, or editorial skills.
• Background in research and other social sciences (sociology, psychology, political science, or history) is a plus.
Please click here to register:
NOTE: Please ensure that the email address indicated in your CV matches the email you use to register.
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.