Voice Recording Project Task
Become a Data Collector that contributes to entering information into a database and ensures that your data collection sources are accurate. Data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information on variables of interest, in an established systematic fashion that enables one to answer stated research questions and evaluate outcomes.
In this project, Appen is collecting speech data in English to train and develop artificial intelligence algorithms that will be used to improve speech recognition technologies.
The task contains a total of 600 short sentences that you need to read on a screen and record. You just have to follow the sentences written, no need to create your own sentences.
• Example of a sentence that you would need to read: "Okay Alexa, I need directions to work"
• The recording will be done and uploaded through our Appen Mobile App.
Duration of Task:
Each sentence will take only 10-20 seconds. In total, for the 600 recordings, please plan 3 hours. Of course, we recommend you to do breaks and we will give you at least a week to record your session.
• Fluent speaker of English residing in the United Kingdom
• iOS devices must be iPhone 8 or newer or Android devices that must be 2017 or newer
• Ability to record in a very quiet indoor environment, free from any background noises
If you are ready to participate in this interesting audio recording task, then let’s get started!
Apply Now: Send your CV here > email@example.com
What to expect when you register:
• Create an Appen Account
• Choose English (Ireland) as your primary language
• Complete your profile and project registration
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!